Panel Moderated by WVLT Local 8 Anchor – Lauren Davis
There is an upward trend in deaths related to opioid abuse. A recent Medical Examiner’s report for Knox & Anderson counties showed the number of drug-related deaths from 2010-2015 has doubled. The rate of prescription opioid abuse among adults 18-25 in TN is 30% above national averages. What you can do about this issue that affects our community? How do we take action?
Knowledge is Power
Hear from the people whose job it is to fight for our community at our Breakfast Speaker Series: Panel Discussion on the Opioid Epidemic. We are honored to host the following guests, all speaking and answering your questions on the most critical issues surrounding this epidemic:
- Richard Briggs, MD, TN State Senator
- Charme Allen, Knox County District Attorney General
- Lee Tramel, Knox County Sheriff’s Office Chief of Administration
- Karen Pershing, Metro Drug Coalition Executive Director
All reservations include a full buffet breakfast and a donation to the Metro Drug Coalition’s prevention efforts.
- What: Breakfast Speaker Series Panel Discussion: Opioid Epidemic
- When: Tue, August 22, 7:30 am to 9:00 am
- Where: Fox Den Country Club, 12284 N Fox Den Drive, 37934 [Map]
- Reservations: $30 (members), $40 (non-members), $15 (students), $275 (Table of 10)
Submit this form to register online. You will be prompted to pay securely after the registration form has been submitted. If you prefer, call the Chamber at 865-675-7057 to register by phone.
Event Registration Form
You will be prompted to pay securely after the registration form has been submitted.